First, Shea got a new job! It is at ACC and he starts the week after next--he will be creating internal websites and projects for all different departments. This means he will be doing more of the creative things that he's so good at, he'll have a more flexible work schedule, get off at 5 instead of 6, and he'll have FIVE weeks of vacation a year! Holy moly! AND, his last day at his old job was Friday, so he gets a week off in between.
And then,
Porridge got engaged!
Paul proposed in Houston on the 23rd, which was also Porridge's 30th birthday. Then, he made it an even bigger surprise by inviting their friends Trung and Donna and Shea and I to a surprise party at Michaelangelo's in Houston. She didn't suspect a thing!
The next day, Shea drove back to Austin, Paul flew to Oregon, and Porridge and I drove to Beaumont. I have to say, this was definitely
one of my favorite Christmases ever! I got to see relatives I haven't seen in forever, and we all had a good time just talking and laughing (and eating). Everything was just so perfect. I love my family! And at our Christmas at home, I got totally spoiled like a little kid.
For my mom's (60th) birthday, which is technically today, Porridge and I made her a video with lots of pictures from the time she was a little baby until now. I have to say, either my grandmother or grandfather (or both?) was a great photographer! We came across a lot of great photos, especially of my mom and her sister (my mom is an identical twin). (Trivia fact about my family: my dad's mom was also an identical twin). I am making some higher quality DVDs to give to people in my family, but here is a YouTube video if anyone is interested.
Also, I was digging through some old papers in my bedroom at my parents' house, and I came across a letter I wrote (but never sent) to Fred Savage circa 1989. It is pretty hilarious and I will post it here soon.
I hope everyone had a great holiday!
xoxo,
sarah
First of all, I agree, one of the best Christmases to date! It was just simple sweet and good times with family. And GOOD food. Also, I can't wait to read your letter to Fred Savage...I bet it's "steamy"...
Megan said...
7:46 PM
Yay! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! That video is great - I can see the mother-daughter similarity!
Reader Of The Pack said...
6:14 PM
P.S. Happy New Year!
Reader Of The Pack said...
6:14 PM
Wow, what a great video! And nice song choices too.
Natalie Tischler said...
5:42 PM