So, my super awesome birthday surprise was...
...a bike!
And not just any bike--a PINK Electra Townie! I have wanted one of these forever--well, if forever started when I saw the ad in ReadyMade. I just thought they were cute, but turns out they are made where you can put your feet flat on the ground when you stop. Which was awesome for me, because it made it SO easy for me to learn (yep, you heard me right, I did not know how to ride a bike until last Sunday). But now I totally know and I pretty much ride every day if it's not raining. Next semester I plan on riding to school. I can't recommend the Electra Townie highly enough.
We also went to the Blue Bell Creamery, where I have wanted to go since I was about 8. I love Blue Bell and I love to watch things being made in factories, so there you go. They made Key Lime Pie and Sugar Free Banana Split while we were there. They don't let you take pictures on the tour, but luckily we got pictures of us in our sweet hats.
Then Shea's mom made me this AMAZING red velvet cake. I have two favorite kinds of cake and this is one of them. So pretty!
xoxo,
s
Wow, that cake looks amazing. I am so happy you got a bike and learned how to ride it!
Natalie Tischler said...
4:00 PM
Ooo, I have been coveting a Townie too! Lucky you! And I agree, the cake is gorgeous.
-corntastico
Anonymous said...
9:01 PM
Awesome bicyclette!
Reader Of The Pack said...
9:34 AM
Don't feel bad about just learning how to ride a bike! I tried when I was 5, crashed really hard, and never got on a bike again until a few years ago. I was so scared, but then finally got the hang of it. so fun!! But I'm still wobbly ;)
marisa said...
11:53 PM