
So I have a lot of cool and interesting things to post about, and I totally would, except that I can't stop thinking about THE ZOMBIES.
Shea and I went to see 28 Weeks Later last night. Holy crap. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I hate violence, but sometimes I can tolerate it if the storyline is strong enough (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth). But I think I had my jacket over my eyes for the first 20 minutes of this movie, and every time I would peek to see if it was okay, there would someone getting hit with a bloody crowbar and I'd have to go back under the jacket.
And the whole movie is like that! There is never a part where it doesn't feel like a bunch of zombies aren't going to run up and suddenly smash someone to death (probably because this happens every 30 seconds or so). Totally disturbing. If you are not too bothered by that sort of thing it might be worth it, but for me, well, there are just so many times I can see (or hear) someone being ripped apart by a violent and fast-moving herd of the undead.
So I had to leave! I have not walked out of a movie since the fire scene in Pinocchio--I was 4 and my older sister was pissed. Luckily Shea wasn't upset, but I did feel bad about wasting the money, and I kind of feel like a big baby for thinking I could handle it.
I am with you sister. I can't watch that kind of stuff either.
Dewdrop Falling said...
4:39 PM