(but not to the dog park, where we are not allowed to show our faces anymore, but we'll get to that later)
Did you know that the school library has a coffee shop in it, and that coffee shop is called Prufrock's? That's funny, no? Did someone just google "coffee and literature?" I thought it was just a humorous oversight, but they actually have the "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons" part tacked up on the wall. Anyway, I really like libraries and I really like those cubicles where you can just settle in and do your work. And I'm very glad they have a coffee shop, even if the name is silly.
We took the dogs to the park this weekend, and OMGWTFBBQ, we have embarrassing dogs. See that toy that Reggie has? The one that he put in the grodie creek water? Yeah, he took that from another dog. It's hard to tell from the photo, but that is actually a white plush toy. When the other dog tried to reclaim his (ruined, disgusting) toy, the Nuge got all aggro on him and we had to move on to a different area of the park.
Then Chibi, the little shy puppy-face who is afraid of everyone, decided it would be fun to get a group of like 5 large dogs to chase her. She actually loves being chased, but you get a big group of dogs who are at least 5x your body weight chasing you, and yeah, it's scary. She didn't think that through. So Shea and I and all of the other dog owners are just standing there horrified as Chibi is running in circles, squealing in terror, and the other dogs are encouraged by this and it just makes them run faster. One of the dog owners is all, "Don't worry; I've never seen her hurt another dog," as his dog is snapping at Chibi's hindquarters. Finally I got her to jump into my arms and we lost "off the leash" privileges for the rest of the day. So all told, we spent about 15 minutes at the dog park before we had to do the walk of shame back to the car. Both dogs got totally filthy and Chibi had her first bath ever.
xoxo,
s
PS-You know that muffin man toy that Chibi was chewing on in my last post? That guy got destroyed.
PPS-Chibi's going to obedience school this summer.
And you will be asking us for our trainer's name and number, right? Because she is so good and you like to listen to someone's weight loss plan during dog training, no?
Were you at Red Bud? We had an even worse experience there because Neko flipped out. Flipped out! She was barking and snapping and everyone gave us dirty looks. Callie is allowed to go to the dog park, but not Neko.
Reader Of The Pack said...
11:35 AM
How funny! That little dog has a huge personality!
I get OMGWTF but what is BBQ?
Dewdrop Falling said...
5:13 PM
And, let me add, I don't even go to dog parks. My dog does not play well with others.
Dewdrop Falling said...
5:16 PM
Sarah! They had a CONTEST to come up with the name! The winner got a year's worth of free coffee. I am not shitting you.
I'm sorry, I'm like the indulgent aunt who swoops in with presents and spoils the kids and ruins all the good training that the parents do for the rest of the year. The nuge can do no wrong in my eyes. I think he deserves that totally-swiped toy.
raquel said...
10:53 PM