I did a little front porch makeover recently. We bought some patio furniture from this lady on Craigslist. The furniture was great, and we got a great deal, but the loveseat came without cushions and the chairs had ugly, ill-fitting pool furniture cushions like this:



We picked out some patterned canvas from the fabric store, and then I cut the cushions to fit the chairs. I sewed pillow sham style covers for the chair cushions and made throw pillows from the remaining segments of the cushions (we found the loveseat cushions at Target). Then I took the top from one of those three-legged "decorator tables" that I had in my first apartment, took the legs off, spray-painted it, and stacked some bricks for the base. My most recent addition is the capiz shell curtain, which you can see in the photos:







I love having a nice little porch where we can sit outside. If it weren't so hot, we'd be out there all the time.

I am so sad because our little Juan C. is leaving us tomorrow! I am not going to want to give him up, I can tell you that right now. He is such a little cutie and I pick him up about 20 times a day. Maybe Erica will give him to me, since it will be my birthday...

2 comments:

The porch furniture looks great. I love that fabric. Happy Birthday!

11:11 PM  

I like the porch furniture a lot...And the curtain! So cute!

5:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home